tech writer to engineer ratio

Subject: tech writer to engineer ratio
From: Daniel Shugrue <dbshugrue -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:33:49 -0700 (PDT)

I did a survey on this a few months ago with the
following results. A longer version of this message
is available in the archives...

In all, I received
23 e-mails. The numbers broke down to:
1 Tech Writer: 9.4 engineers: 2.1 QA analysts

Reading the responses reminded me of several important
factors influencing the numbers, such as:
Is the Tech Writing group also responsible for
training?
Is the TW group doing HW or just SW writing?
Does TW group help with editing Marketing or other
copy?
Is TW group responsible for maintaining docs on
internet or intranet site?

Regards,
Daniel

http://mail.yahoo.com/