RE: Interviews From Heck

Subject: RE: Interviews From Heck
From: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:32:58 -0700

[...]

So Jeff, it looks like:
* you didn't impress your interviewers with your suave appearance or
hygiene.
* You didn't impress them with your organization or preparation skills.
* You didn't impress them with an neat, orderly portfolio.
* You didn't even impress them with a resume.

The question is, did you get the job?

And about the shoe-less editor moment. It must have been either:
* The top dog was the editor, and NOBODY dared to question her.
* Their secret rule was, "if the interviewee (I like to pronounce it
'inter-vie-wee") mentioned the editor's feet, flush him."
* They were all acutely aware of your high tops, and were hoping nobody
mentioned footwear.
* The editor just came back from an "editing session" with the HR guy, and
forgot her shoes under his desk.

I've had bad interview days, but not bad enough for a write-up. But for the
newbies out there, my experience has been that you get plenty of no's in the
early times. Then the yes's come much more frequently, and often when you're
not even on the market.

Len

By the way, Heck is the place you go to when you don't believe in Gosh.