Billing Suggestions

Subject: Billing Suggestions
From: Lisa Lebduska <lisaleb -at- WPI -dot- EDU>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:57:51 -0400

I'm new to the business world and would like any advice you can offer on
fee-structuring and billing for a three-hour, in-house writing seminar
I've been asked to design and deliver to a local techie firm. They would
like me to bill the development portion separately from the design
portion, and I think that in the future they may need me to return for
consulting on larger projects. (They have no tech writers on staff,
which may be the next logical step for them.)

I expect to adapt the content of academic tech writing courses I've
taught to their particular needs, but if you have additional advice in
this area, please feel free to send it along, too. Thank you.

-Lisa Lebduska