RE: Checking for technical accuracy

Subject: RE: Checking for technical accuracy
From: "Fisher, Melissa" <Melissa -dot- Fisher -at- delta-air -dot- com>
To: 'Sona Mehta' <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:39:13 -0400

Sona,

Assuming your company is large enough to have evolved a QA department, Tech
Support, or Training groups, they are usually good sources of technical
information. I assume you are asking about documenting "legacy" products, or
products that are no longer currently in development, because of course
questions about a product in development are usually most accurately
answered by the developers themselves.

Also, because a developer is now in a different role, this does not
necessarily mean that they are no longer available to you. Depending on the
size and organizational structure of your company, and the corporate
culture, you can probably send a few emails to the developer in the new role
if you can't find the answers elsewhere. I wouldn't count on getting a fast
response, but this depends more on the value that the company as a whole
places on accurate documentation.

HTH, and Good luck,
Melissa Fisher
melissa -dot- fisher -at- delta-air -dot- com
(404) 773-8674