Re Fair Cut

Subject: Re Fair Cut
From: Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:30:26 -0400

Rebecca Rachmany wrote:

> What is considered a 'fair cut' for a contracting agency? To me 30%-40%
> seems reasonable, but obviously you don't think so. I'd like to hear what
> others have to say.

Well whaddya know, I find myself agreeing with Andrew Plato. "Fair cut" has
no meaning here because the agency is not getting a cut of your money. When
a company pays an agency $75 an hour and you get $50 of it, the client
company is paying for two things: $50 for what you produce as a tech writer
and $25 for the agency's work for finding you. It's as simple as that.

Steve MacDonald
Aspect Communications, Inc.