Re: MS Agent

Subject: Re: MS Agent
From: raj abraham <raj_jo_ash -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:10:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Peter,

You wrote:

As implemented in MS Office by MS, I agree that it
sucks. I was
referring to creative use of the technology as a
training aid. If the
technology is used properly, one can have several
characters carrying
on
a conversation, that can vary with the user's input.

I doubt the technology could do that. The MS agent
calls on sophisticated algorithms using Bayesian
Probability formulae to interpret the state of mind of
the user. Unfortunately it only has a user's sequence
of keystrokes to go by to decide that the user is
confused or at a loss as to how to proceed. This is
clearly not enough which is why the agent gets it
wrong so often.

Regards

Raj

http://mail.yahoo.com/