RE: Recruiters

Subject: RE: Recruiters
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:59:11 -0700

--

Bruce Byfield wrote:
>To summarize in a cliche, I'd like to think that what you get out>of a relation with a recruiter is what you put in. If you find a
>recruiter you can trust, cultivate the relation and everyone will>benefit. Otherwise, it will be hit and miss whether a recruiter>helps you or is simply a source of funny stories.

I don't agree. When I did a stint in Seattle (before technical writing), I worked with about 6 recruiters. I put in everything I could to work with them--I really needed a job. One was good, but like the rest, even he wouldn't return my calls unless I called. I think it's hit or miss.

From what I understand, recruiting as a profession is difficult, and so the recruiters cut corners, as we have seen in the amsuing horror stories posted.

Just be careful and don't ever completely trust a recruiter (Unless you're Bruce, in which case you have everey reason to trust them.)

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com