Re: being too picky?

Subject: Re: being too picky?
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Berk/Devlin <armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Berk/Devlin <armadill -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:
> Respectfully, I need to disagree a little at least.
> There are some areas
> of technical writing in which being a quick study
> and asking intelligent
> questions does not cut it.

Oh, I quite agree, Berk! The thing is, there are so
many kinds of tech writing that needs to be done, that
you can't have a cookie-cutter writer who can do them
all.

I wasn't seeing my comments about my approach to tw as
being "better" in any way, merely stating that this is
*my* approach. It gets me the jobs I want to do.

Your skill is in programming; mine is in being a
ferret. This is not to say that you are not good at
asking questions, nor that I can't read a program if
pushed (I can). It's more a matter of interests,
personal style, and inclination - and you can't argue
with Gus about which is better; there are times when
each of us is the right writer for a given project.

respectfully,

Becca

=====
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

"God is not willing to do everything and thus deprive us
of our free will, and that share of glory which falls to
our lot." N. Machievelli, "The Prince" ch.26

http://mail.yahoo.com/