RE: Lead-in to software documentation?

Subject: RE: Lead-in to software documentation?
From: "Gottlieb, Lynn" <Lynn -dot- Gottlieb -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Gunther Schmidt'" <g -dot- schmidt -at- bigfoot -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:28:26 -0700

Gunther,

Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry (AKA the Sun Style Guide) should be perfect for you. I like it better than the Microsoft guide. It's not so big (like the Chicago Manual of Style) that it'll intimidate you. And it has a CD so you can see the FrameMaker files used to create the book.

It's about $30US (bought at my neighborhood non-chain bookstore--I like to shop at local stores).

Lynn Gottlieb
Technical Writer
The Boeing Company