Piracy, education and the techie garage sale

Subject: Piracy, education and the techie garage sale
From: avobert -at- twh -dot- nbg -dot- de (Alexander Von_obert)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 25 Jun 00 21:17:02 +0000

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von mail -at- freelock -dot- com an All am 23.06.00

mm> to which I add: have you read your license agreement? They
mm> generally spell
mm> out, in complete legaleze detail, exactly what you can and
mm> cannot do with
mm> the software, and which offspring you have to give up for the
mm> privilege.

much of that is nonsense that can savely be laughed at and otherwise ignored: A
licence agreement must not break the national law. If it tries to, you can do
as described above above.

If an American publisher thinks he can simply put a translation of the
American licence agreement into a German product he can more or less spare the
expense for this translation.

E.g., if I don't need a program anymore I can legally sell it. No publisher
can prevent me from doing so as long as he sold me a licence valid for an
indefinite time for a single fee. I know many write differently in their
licence agreements.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance technical writer (electronics, software)