Word {rd <filename>} TOC problem

Subject: Word {rd <filename>} TOC problem
From: Mark Dempsey <dempseys3 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWRL <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:43:58 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having trouble getting Word 97 to generate a TOC
using the {rd <filename>} functionality. This
typically lets word read a file externalt to the TOC,
but is only letting it do part of that here.

I've created "Heading 0" as the TOC1 level (Heading 1
is TOC2, Heading 2 is TOC3). The field looks like
this:

{TOC \t "Heading 1,2, Heading 2,3, Heading 3,4,
Heading 0,1"}

The puzzling part of this behavior is that *some*
files have a Heading 0 that shows up as TOC1, but
others don't. I've tried copying and pasting the
Heading 0 from the working to the non-working docs,
but no dice.

I admit I'm stumped here. Any hints about how to make
it work?

=====
--
-- Regards,