Re: [3] Intermediate tool (Word > FrameMaker)

Subject: Re: [3] Intermediate tool (Word > FrameMaker)
From: "Rowena Hart" <rhart -at- xcert -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:56:15 -0700

Okay, to be more specific, we're looking for a tool that
offers the following features *without* us having to
program these features into the tool ourselves (which
a number of people have suggested):

- master pages
- ability to reliably apply different master pages in one
document
- more sophisticated and reliable style sheets (we want
to get away from inherited style attributes)
- conditional text, or something similar
- more reliable variables
- more reliable cross-referencing
- stronger integration (exporting, importing) with Adobe
products

We can live without conditional text, but the other features
are required.

Thanks,

Rowena