Abbreviations - Electrical - Help..

Subject: Abbreviations - Electrical - Help..
From: "Stephen Parkes" <sparkes -at- teleflex -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:22:00 -0700

I keep fighting over this with our publishers.

Here goes

Which is it? 12 VAC or 12 volts AC (as in Alternating Current),
likewise
12,000 watts or 12,000 Watts or 12kW
40 amp or 40 Amp

also the old time favorite

w/ ...... or c/w....... for parts to be included.

I am under the gun to get this Owners Manual completed and I have a
whole table to correct.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Parkes
Product Support