RE: Information Mapping

Subject: RE: Information Mapping
From: "William.Buckheit" <William -dot- Buckheit -at- yellowcorp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:08:11 -0500

Toni,
I've been working with Info Mapping for about nine months now on my current
contract. My supervisor used to teach it, so I got the course when I
started.

Info Mapping is one of those processes that look good at first until you
actually try to work with it. The information analysis portion is not a bad
way to organize information, though nothing new, certainly not unique.

The format is IMHO a very limited one. It was developed in the mid 60's and
no matter what Info Mapping may claim, has not evolved since then. It is a
typewriter format, extremely rigid, and unless the information that you are
putting into it fits the Info Mapping world view, it makes it very difficult
to use.

Now that I've offended all the Info Mapping types out there, email me off
line if you have any more questions.

Bill Buckheit
Training and Development
william -dot- buckheit -at- yellowcorp -dot- com
(913) 344-3272

B.A. in Anthropology

"Who are you and what do you do?
"I am a moral outcast."
"Oh, it's always nice to meet another writer."

I'd be interested in learning if anyone has taken a
course in Information Mapping and what you thought of
it. Thanks.

Please respond directly as I am on the digest

Toni Williams
toni -dot- williams -at- sage -dot- com