Re: Top 20 replies by programmers when their programs do not work

Subject: Re: Top 20 replies by programmers when their programs do not work
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Sona Mehta <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:36:54 -0400

Sona Mehta wrote:

> Top 20 replies by programmers when their programs do not work
>
> 20. "That's weird..."
> 19. "It's never done that before."
> 18. "It worked yesterday."
> 17. "How is that possible?"
> 16. "It must be a hardware problem."
> 15. "What did you type in wrong to get it to crash?"
> 14. "There is something funky in your data."
> 13. "I haven't touched that module in weeks!"
> 12. "You must have the wrong version."
> 11. "It's just some unlucky coincidence."
> 10. "I can't test everything!"
> 9. "THIS can't be the source of THAT."
> 8. "It works, but it hasn't been tested."
> 7. "Somebody must have changed my code."
> 6. "Did you check for a virus on your system?"
> 5. "Even though it doesn't work, how does it feel?
> 4. "You can't use that version on your system."
> 3. "Why do you want to do it that way?"
> 2. "Where were you when the program blew up?"
>
> And the Number One Reply by Programmers when their programs don't work:
>
> 1. "It works on my machine."

Sounds like a variation of what the car dealer says when they are
responsible for the repair. Some things never change.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-