Re: Managing the Internationalization Process

Subject: Re: Managing the Internationalization Process
From: "Suzanne Topping" <stopping -at- rochester -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:17:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darren Barefoot" <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>

> In the near future, my company is going to be looking at some fairly hefty
> internationalization. Specifically, we'll require the translation of
several
> software products and associated documentation into several different
> languages, including German, Japanese and Portuguese. It seems fairly
likely
> that I'll be in charge of this shebang.
>
> That said, I'm seeking recommendations on books or online resources that
> people who have undertaken this process might recommend.

You might want to consider joining an email list that I created which
focuses on globalization issues. It is called the North East Localization
Special Interest Group (NELOCSIG) and is an egroup list. You can join by
emailing me or by going to http://www.egroups.com/group/nelocsig

The volume is usually fairly low, perhaps a few a day or less.

Best of luck,

Suzanne

Suzanne Topping
Localization Unlimited
(Globalization Process Improvement Consulting and Training)

In association with BizWonk (TM)

Phone: 716-473-0791
Email: stopping -at- rochester -dot- rr -dot- com