Re: User Names + Joe Bloggs Screen Shots

Subject: Re: User Names + Joe Bloggs Screen Shots
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:24:37 -0700

Christi Carew <ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com> wrote:

> In my screen shots, I usually use the names of employees.

One of my TW instructors was discussing portfolios, and she mentioned
that one of her favorite methods to prove she had a part in the
creation of the manual was putting her name in screen shots.

> Everyone usually gets a kick out of seeing their name in print.

Heh. That's why I started writing for my high school newspaper all
those years ago.

> I've also used names of pets before too. I never thought of using
famous dead
> people; that sounds like a good idea too.

Depends on the dead guy, I'd guess. As long as s/he doesn't have
sue-happy relatives that use or hear about your product, chances are
you'll probably be safe! :o)

--gdw

> Christi Carew
> RangeStar Wireless