Re: Incorporated: Information Needed

Subject: Re: Incorporated: Information Needed
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:10:18 -0700

Someone wrote:

> re: I want to start my own business (eventually) and I would like
to know
> how one becomes "Incorporated."

There's a book out there about something called a "Nevada
Corporation." Basically, setting up as a corporation in NV offers
some interesting bennies ... one of which would be that if your
corporation is sued, you can't lose your possessions -- since you as
the corporation would lease everything.

There are other advantages; you might want to do a search on
amazon.com for an appropriate book.

As for drawbacks, I believe the cost of setting up one of these is
~$400 or so.

Note that this is not an endorsement for this method, nor should it
be considered legal advice. Just something to look into.

--gdw

Obligatory .sig:

"Now, what am I going to do with all of this gold ...?"
--King Midas