RE: Incorporated: Information Needed

Subject: RE: Incorporated: Information Needed
From: "Sherman, Bryan" <BSherman -at- synchrony -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:00:23 -0400

Disclaimer:
I am not, never have, never will be a legal professional. You should never
take info from some lurking, seldom-posting bozo on a mail list.

That said, when I was on my own I got advice from a good friend who is an
excellent lawyer and his point to me was that the protection afforded a
one-person shop that is incorporated is pretty easily pierced by a good
lawyer. So even if I was incorporated, the protection it afforded me was
tenuous at best.

My accountant did sit with me and show the break-even for incorporation and
the tax advantages I could take. In the end I went sole-proprieter.