Re: incorporation

Subject: Re: incorporation
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Pam Hurley <hurleyp -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:45:18 -0400

Pam Hurley wrote:

> The great thing about incorporating is that you save on taxes--big time!
> > See an accountant--I'm now incorporated, did it through my accountant (not
> > my attorney), and am saving money. As a sole proprietor (which I was for
> > four years), you pay more in social security taxes than you do as a
> > corporation. The paperwork is more when you're incorporated, but it's
> worth
> > it.

The advice given when forming a corporation is both a legal and
accounting function, in most states. Your accountant may have been
practicing law, doing you and him/her self a potential disservice. The
professionals get paid for telling you what to do and how to do it.
Forming a corporation, by itself is a ministerial act that you can do.
there are many websites that will fill out the paper work and file the
papers for about $75.00

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity," - Einstein-