RE: movie ad

Subject: RE: movie ad
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <Barry_Kieffer -at- adc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:43:10 -0700

It is not only to impress someone else, as it is also to pamper yourself.

I know of a technical writer who takes notes at meetings with a $150
Waterman pen. Is it to impress anybody? Nope. If you do not know what a $150
Waterman pen looks like, it is hard to be impressed by its sight.

No, this technical writer likes the good stuff and is willing to pamper
himself. This is his FUN.

-Barry Kieffer

Janet Valade writes: <snip>
What do you mean by conspicuous consumption? Do you mean buying
things to impress the Jones's? I don't think that is the only reason people
buy things they don't need. What about FUN? </snip>