Re: movie ad

Subject: Re: movie ad
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Deborah McDaniel <DeborahM -at- captura -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:32:38 -0700

Deborah McDaniel wrote:

> Yabbut - when I was using a daytimer I had to write down all my personal
> appointments, THEN transfer them (manually input) to my Outlook calender;
> conversely, I then had to transfer all my work meeting appointments into my
> daytimer *by hand.* I can't tell you how many times I forgot to update one
> or the other and scheduled conflicting appointments. With a PDA, I just
> synch to Outlook and only enter my personal stuff ONCE (on either device).

Yabbut (two) - Your original situation was a perfect example of
manufactured needs. Instead of using two sources for your
schedule, you could have used just one. Not that I'm any better,
you understand - I'm just pointing out an almost universal
response to technology using the nearest example.

> This in reference to cell phones/pagers - hey, mine has an "Off" button and
> I use it!

This kind of self-discipline is rare. Most people would feel less
guilty about kicking someone lying in the street than about using
the Off button on their cell phones. :-)

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"And pale was the fading moon as shadows passed him by,
High overhead were the brightest stars, when he hear the howlet
cry,
Singing, "Why do you ride this way? And wherefore came you here?'
'I seek the Witch of the Westmoreland who dwells by the winding
mirror.'"
- Archie Fisher, "The Witch of the Westmoreland"