Conference slides/notes

Subject: Conference slides/notes
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:49:39 -0400

Hi all,

At some of the STC Conference presentations, I dropped
my business card into the heap on the table, indicating
that I wanted to receive the presenter's mailings, notes
or copies of their slides.

So far, ONLY the Rockley group has fulfilled. (Thanks... :-)

If any of the other presenters are listening, you might
care to get off your duffs. <grin>

If any other list-members were expecting stuff but
didn't get anything, or DID get something, and are
happy with the response, you can write me off-list,
and I'll summarize (assuming more than a couple of
people reply).

In that same vein, when I originally signed up for the
Conference, I ordered the proceedings in both printed
and CD format. The printed copy arrived while I was
away attending. After a brief wait, I e-mailed STC,
inquiring about the CD. I don't think the electrons
had time to stop bouncing, before UPS handed me a heavy
plastic courier envelope, inside of which was a heavy
(pleated! no less...) manila, self-seal envelope, inside
of which was a heavy, intricately-die-cut, self-seal
card-stock, CD mailer, inside of which was a medium-weight
card-stock, 4-color, multi-fold CD sleeve.
OH! Wait. There was a CD, too... :-)

I think it took me longer to open everything than it
took them to respond to my query. That's service!
Some harried staffer, somewhere deserves some serious
back-patting.

Hmm, I wonder if it was Virginia's forests that got
further denuded by that delivery, or somebody else's
woodlot that took a beating to make all that cardboard?

/kevin