Re: A moment of editorial indecision--SUMMARY

Subject: Re: A moment of editorial indecision--SUMMARY
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <peggy -at- cms-stl -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:27:38 -0400

Peggy,

Rest assured that the charts are labeled exactly as you suggest. The question arises in writing ABOUT the charts, both in user documentation and in marketing materials, where the user gets to choose what variable is mapped to which axis (and thus the writer doesn't know what will be measured).

Dick

PS: You can all stop now. The votes are in and every one of them that I've read so far confirms my original choice of horizontal and vertical instead of X and Y.

THANKS ALL!!