Re: A moment of editorial indecision

Subject: Re: A moment of editorial indecision
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:11:03 -0700 (PDT)

The first time you reference either of those forms in each chapter, put
the alternate in parens, similar to the way acronyms are defined. Then in
subsequent instances, pick the one you like - my preference would be the
one that is easier to type. (for instance, for the life of me, I continue
to transpose a and u whyenever I type the word "because" (becuase).

--- Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> When we describe charts produced by our software, I try to catch
> instances of "X axis" and "Y axis" and replace them with "horizontal
> axis" and "vertical axis" on the theory that anything that smacks of
> algebra is off-putting for a lot of folks. But it just occurred to me
> that the same folks who don't know which way is X and which way is Y may
> be just as confused about what horizontal and vertical mean. So maybe I
> should reconsider this. What do you think?

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com