Help in Planning

Subject: Help in Planning
From: Sona Mehta <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:00:16 +0100

Hi Folks,
Suggestion time once again.

The Scenario:
I have been given a document which is around 6 months out of date and it
needs to be updated. This document is a Programer's Manual and the
developer associated with it has left our company leaving behind a 63
page C code after making lot of changes in the past six months.

The Requirement:
I need to submit a plan with details upto the last level of tasks
involved in updating this document along with start and end dates for
each tasks

The Problem:
How do I tell what are the last level tasks that I will be doing even
before I understand what needs to be changed in the document? I know the
higer level tasks like
1. Understanding the code (Very difficult, any suggestions on how to go
about it?)
2. Making necessary changes to the Manual
3. Review
4 .Rework
5 .Sign off

Hope you guys can help me out