using "Acrobat Tools"

Subject: using "Acrobat Tools"
From: "Benzi Schreiber" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
To: "techwhirl" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:40:11 +0200

One of our people mentioned something called Acrobat Tools, supposedly used
to allow people across an organization (not just us tech writer types) to
insert comments in PDFs.

Up till now I've thought that the only way to modify a PDF was by using
Acrobat (not just the reader), meaning that anyone who wanted to insert
comments needed the full version of Acrobat (and the license). This has
always been a headache, because you need to justify the expense of buying
multiple Acrobat licenses in case people need to comment on a document.

Is this another (cheaper) way of doing it? How does it work?

TIA

Benzi Schreiber
Technical Communications
Tradeum Inc.