Re: Trip Reports re: presentations

Subject: Re: Trip Reports re: presentations
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:42:52 -0700

You are both into controlling your audience. If you give me bare bones notes and don't give them to me until after the presentation, then you may as well save your paper. Bare bones are for the slides of the presentation. The speaker speaks to the topics listed there - the "bare bones."

If you want me to remember you when I've left the room, give me your handouts before you start speaking and make the handouts a strong enough reference that I can use them later. Once I've heard 8 or 10 presentations over 3 days, I need a reminder of your jewels of wisdom, not an outline on what you intend to cover.

Marilynne

At 06:29 PM 6/11/00, Bruce Byfield wrote:

<snipped Posada>

Actually, I agree with you.

My own preference is to give handouts that are bare bones notes
of what I am saying, that give examples that would take too much
time to detail during the presentation, and/or that explore side
issues or give resources.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux