Techwriter Advertising

Subject: Techwriter Advertising
From: Stephen Arrants <sarrants -at- roidirect -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:55:14 -0700

I was at the movies this weekend (Gone in 60 Seconds--I give it a thumbs
down). Anyway, before the film, the theatre, like most, runs local ads and
trivia questions on-screen before the film. One of the on-screen ads was
for a local, Sonoma County, CA technical writer. I'm wondering how
effective this kind of advertising is, and if anyone else has thought of it.
In this market, I wouldn't think you'd *need* to advertise, what with all
the high tech moving into Sonoma County from the South and East Bay. Still,
it caught my eye.

steve arrants

Stephen Arrants
Manager of Technical Communications