Re: Signing bonus

Subject: Re: Signing bonus
From: "Lori Dirks" <elldirks -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 16:53:56 GMT

Signing bonuses for tech writers don't seem to be common in Seattle, but are not out of the question. Over the past few years I've gotten two: a small one (about 4% of my annual salary) from a shrink wrap software company and a sizeable one (about 55% of my annual salary) from an e-tailer. Both offers included stock options.

Lori
elldirks -at- hotmail -dot- com

Subject: Signing bonus
From: "Jan Stanley" <janstanley -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:54:47 -0400

Have folks who have started a new tech-writing job in recent
years gotten a signing bonus? Are you hearing about tech writers
getting such bonuses?

Jan
janstanley -at- earthlink -dot- net