Re: Trip Reports re: presentations

Subject: Re: Trip Reports re: presentations
From: "Carma C Allen" <ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:19:22 -0700

Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net> wrote:

(*snip*)

> I'm writing an article on "Presentation Do's and Don'ts," included
will be an
> "Exhibitor Do's and Don'ts" for a local, prestigious magazine.
> So I just wanted some idea of what other people thought.
> Its always good to hear why you liked/disliked a speaker.

My personal wish list number 1 is--DON'T put up a slide and then read it to us.
Paraphrase, if you must, explain, expand upon, or whatever. I can read it myself
much faster than you can read it out loud, so you've lost me right away. I think
the tendency among presenters (not necessarily at STC conferences, but anywhere)
to just read their slides to the assembly is very annoying.

But of course its just a minor annoyance, not really life affecting.

Carma