OT Poll: FrameMaker 6 delivery experience

Subject: OT Poll: FrameMaker 6 delivery experience
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:05:05 -0400

Hallo:

Please do NOT reply directly to the Techwr-l list.

Sorry to intrude in an OT kind of way. I purchased my FrameMaker 6 upgrades
by pre-order and through a reseller. I am unhappy with how my order was
fulfilled (it still isn't). An Adobe person gave me, perhaps
unintentionally, the idea of finding out how happy the FrameMaker population
is with their upgrade or new purchase of FrameMaker 6.

So, would you please E-mail me (mailto:sean -at- quodata -dot- com) your response to
the following questions. I will post my unscientific results here, if enough
people ask.

Please do NOT reply directly to the Techwr-l list.

* Did you order a FrameMaker 6.0 upgrade or a full seat? If both,
please include information about the upgrade.

* Did you pre-order your FrameMaker 6.0 Upgrade/new seat?

* Did you order from Adobe directly or through a reseller?

* Which reseller did you use?

* Have you received your order or are you still waiting for it to
arrive?

* How long after you placed your order (days, weeks, months) did you
receive your order? If you have not received the order, how long have you
been waiting?

* Did you telephone the reseller to complain about any delay on
receiving your order?

* If you contacted the reseller, were you happy with the results? Did
the contact speed up the order? What excuse was offered?

* If you contacted Adobe, did you contact a reseller first? What did
the reseller tell you?

* If you contacted Adobe, did you get the runaround or an efficient
response? Please explain.

* If you contacted Adobe, what was the excuse offered for the delay?

* If you contacted Adobe, to your knowledge, did Adobe have up-to-date
information about your seat of the software? If not, can you summarise what
they failed to have?

* May I use the info and answers you provide in a summary to Adobe?

* May I include your E-mail address in the contact I have with Adobe?

* May I use the info and answers you provide in a summary to the list?

Thank you and sorry for the intrusion, please do NOT reply directly to the

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com