Upgrading to Frame 6

Subject: Upgrading to Frame 6
From: "Curtis Brautigam" <curtisb -at- nurserysupplies -dot- com>
To: "Framers (E-mail)" <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:24:31 -0400

Now that Frame 6 has been released and is shipping out, some of you have
most likely purchased the software or upgraded from 5.5.6 to 6. Before I
request my company to purchase the upgrade from 5.5.6 to 6, I would like to
know whether it is really worth it to upgrade from 5.5.6 to 6. Is Frame 6
superior to Frame 5.5.6? Is there a significant difference in performance
between 5.5.6 and 6? Is Frame 6 buggy--a lot of new releases of software
tend to be buggy (or is that just a Microsoft phenomenon)? I don't want to
upgrade just for the sake of upgrading? I would like to have some feedback
from those of you who are now using Frame 6. I have seen the Front Runner
and Adobe sites about Frame 6, but now that people are actually using the
software, I would like to know what it is like. If I get the notion that
there is not much difference between Frame 5.5.6 and 6, I will stick with
our tried-and-true 5.5.6.

Curtis R. Brautigam
Technical Writer
Nursery Supplies, Inc.