Re:Printers

Subject: Re:Printers
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 04:17:02 -0700

Krista (kkostuch -at- totalsystem -dot- com) wrote:

> Does anyone out there use any of the following printers? If so,
does it
> service your needs? How reliable is it? Are you happy with the
quality?

> HP Color LaserJet 8500 N
> Lexmark Optra W810 DN
> HP Color LaserJet 4500 DN
>
> We are trying to find a printer that will best fit our needs:
> Marketing/Sales materials as well as mid-volume documentation
printing.
> The ability to print quality color is a must.

Just my $.02 here ... but if you are planning on doing any work with
.pdfs, now or in the future, HP's PCL language (a "postscript
language emulator") does not play well with Acrobat Distiller.

I can't say anything about the Lexmark from personal experience. As
long as they keep their PPD's updated on their web site, their printer
would most likely work well with Distiller. Perhaps other folk on the
list can help out here.

Also, I've heard good things about Textronix printers from my
PageMaker tech support days.

--gdw

> Thanks for your input ahead of time!

> Krista M. Kostuch

Obligatory .sig:

"Note that weight loss is only guaranteed if you eat non-fat food
while writing, drink lots of caffeine, and move your mouse about the
desk in a rapid fashion."
--diet from www.thisisascamyouidiot.com