Re: Troubleshooting Question

Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Question
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 04:16:51 -0700

"Evans, Amy M." <AEvans -at- wcom -dot- net> wrote:

> Hey Everybody!
>
> I have a question regarding troubleshooting sections in user guides
> . . . if, in each chapter, there is a troubleshooting section, where
should
> it be located? Should the troubleshooting section (in Q & A form)
be at the
> end of each chapter, or should there be an appendix at the end of the
> document that would contain all of the troubleshooting Q & As?

(*snip*)

Well, as a former technician, I prefer to have one chapter devoted
to troubleshooting. If I could have an illustrated parts breakdown (a
sort of exploded view of the part(s)), so much the better ... but
that's hardware.

If you're talking software, skip the IPB :o) ... and place the t/s
section at the end. Don't forget to include the t/s terms in the
index ... and talking to the techs/tech support-folk that will use
your t/s'ing docs can't hurt.

Hope this helps.

--gdw

> Much Thanks!
> Amy

Obligatory .sig:

"If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make sure you get
taken."
--Microsoft ad slogan, translated into Japanese.