RE: Trip Reports re: presentations

Subject: RE: Trip Reports re: presentations
From: Brian Clements <bclements -at- fpix -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:24:57 -0500

Like Sean, my post-conference report inclined more towards synthesizing what
I heard as it relates to the current and future states of my department and
my company. I did, however, comment on how specific sessions impacted my
opinions about our direction and needed adjustments, upcoming issues, etc.

I found the session on "Integrated Communications across the Organization"
very useful, and much of my report focused on how to apply some of what I
learned there in our situation. Like Sean, I also found Ann Rockley very
useful, primarily because she had so much INFORMATION and so little OPINION.
So my report wasn't so much a review of the conference as an opportunity for
me to synthesize all of the information I gathered and to make
recommendations to my employer based on that information. I can't imagine
that anyone's employer is really interested in which session were good or
bad, unless that goodness or badness bears directly on any value to be added
by attendance.

Just a general complaint: I noticed that some of the sessions were very
poorly titles. That is, the titles were misleading. The "Web Design for
e-commerce" session, for example, was really "Web Design for b2c e-commerce"
and had absolutely no application to b2b e-commerce. So I wasted the first
10-15 minutes of a few sessions realizing I had no reason to be there.

bc