Re: Client from Hell redux

Subject: Re: Client from Hell redux
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 03:25:06 -0400

On 6/7/00 2:42 PM, John Posada (jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com) wrote:

>I told him "Hey...I've been fired before and I'll be fired
>again. Besides...I've never seen anyone taken out back and
>shot."
>
>I think this would be the exception.

I doubt it... I've done contract work for companies like the one Andrew's
describing. Companies that are so disorganized or bureaucratically
stagnant that they can't get a contractor the needed resources won't
notice if you change a few access privileges on their server, as long as
the job gets done. Heck, most of them won't notice if you appropriate the
hardware you need and a company car, either.

There are more pointy-haired bosses out there than even Scott Adams
realizes.

----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman