Re: STC Annual Conference trip reports?

Subject: Re: STC Annual Conference trip reports?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:40:37 -0500

> I'm curious about usability testing as well. I'm also wondering whether
> this depends on whether the user was right or left handed, and which
> side the mouse is on. For example, if you're a left handed person, or
> you keep your mouse on the left side of your keyboard, then it seems to
> me that a left-side index would be more convenient and ergonomic.

But your vertical scroll bar is still going to be on the right side of the screen, so
you'll still be doing more right-to-left mousing, assuming you scroll down using the
vertical scrollbar -- and I realize not everyone does... I wouldn't if the wheel on my
mouse worked! :-(

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc