Has anyone used JavaDoc?

Subject: Has anyone used JavaDoc?
From: mmoore100 -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:3:4

I'm doing a large project which includes a number of Java APIs. Java has a
utility called JavaDoc that can generate "documentation" in HTML format. I
put that in quotes because basically it just reads the developer's comments
in the source code an outputs it as HTML. One still needs to write an
overview and show samples and so on.

Has anyone worked with JavaDoc yet? Any tips? We use FrameMaker to produce
printable manuals. What I'd like to do is use create FrameMaker pages with
overview and examples and paste in the output from JavaDoc, but maybe
that's not the correct approach. Any ideas?