Re: Insure vs Ensure -- legal issue

Subject: Re: Insure vs Ensure -- legal issue
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

OK...I think we've had enough of which to
use--insure/ensure--how about a new direction.

I've seen legal departments remove or modify all references to
ensure from documentation going to customers.

"BigCompany Inc. will ensure that your system will be functional
within 90 days of installation."

Legal: How can we ensure that something will happen when many of
the details are out of our hands. Change to "BigCompany Inc.
will *help* ensure that your system will be functional within 90
days of installation."

Be careful that when you say you will ensure something, that the
details preventing it are under your control.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com