RE: Insure vs Ensure, was Re: Should we hire this guy?

Subject: RE: Insure vs Ensure, was Re: Should we hire this guy?
From: "Ackerson, Allan" <aackerson -at- logicon -dot- com>
To: Stan Xhiao <mrlukeplease -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:22:04 -0700

Ah, but it was not always so. Once upon a time the words were used for
separate purposes, but slipshod writing has blurred the distinctions. So
have many unique words been prostituted by lackluster wordsmiths. My
favorite misused word is enormity, which once meant only horrible, but has,
through ignorance, come to mean large, also. Alas!

Cheers!
Al