RE: Should we hire this guy?

Subject: RE: Should we hire this guy?
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>
To: "TechWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:53:12 -0400

Dave Neufeld wrote:
> My audience are hardware and software developers who
> make nifty telecom and signal intelligence stuff with our DSP
> hardware and support software. <snip>
>
> My question is: Could/should I hire this potential writer based on this
> evaluation of his writing for a course project.

Dave,

Sounds like this guy's writing would be suitable for his audience,
since he *is* one of them.

Our engineers & developers write various things for each other.
I cringe when I see them: they violate every rule for design, usability,
readability, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and more. When I see
these docs, I itch to fix them (haven't been asked, and no time to persuade
them they need me). However, the docs are accurate and contain
the info needed. So they suffice.

Maybe for your audience, this guy you're considering will be just fine.

My 2 cents
Jessica