Re: how to bill client for short-term project?

Subject: Re: how to bill client for short-term project?
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 15:41:22 -0700

> At 7:35 AM -0700 6/4/2000, Maryann Short wrote:

>And I've never contracted with a company outside the US. In what form
>should I receive payment? Snail mailing a check will take forever. I
>could give the company the bank routing information to make a direct
>deposit to my account. Anyone have any experiences/thoughts to share
>about that?

I have several out of country clients. I make sure that my contract
specifically states that I am paid in USD. Regarding payment, in one
case my client has a local US office, so the check is sent snail-mail,
but from only a few miles away. Other clients wire the payment directly
to my business account. My bank charges me $18 and <knock wood> there
has never been a problem. I get written confirmation of the transfer
within a few days. Regular mail would take at least two weeks. Another
advantage is that payment is already in my account and there's no
waiting for a check to clear.

Of course, you could always ask them to send a check via DHL or FedEx.

HTH,
-joanne

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

What we see depends on mainly what we look for. -John Lubbock