Re: us vs. them (somewhat long)

Subject: Re: us vs. them (somewhat long)
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:15:41 -0700

--

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:59:18 Bruce Byfield wrote:
>Many tech-writers are WAY too over-sensitive on this point. In
>fact, they're obsessed. Yes, I've met several programmers that I
>would have loved to feed to the crocodiles, but other programmers
>felt the same way about them. I've met far more who were willing
>to concede that communicating with an audience was a mystery to
>them, and one that they were happy to leave to me.

Yes. The two engineers I complained about earlier on this list are very evil. However, we have 9 other engineers here whp are really sweet. I love them. I will often do anything for them. And they feel the same way I do about the other two.

The two that are bad, though--are really bad. One is worse than the other. He's downright sadistic. Naturally, these two are the ones I work with most often. So sometimes it's very difficult for me here. Not just the other day the worse of the two yelled at me loudly, uncalled for and unprofessional. When I was hired for the job, I was asked by four different people how I worked with difficult people. I had the boss from the deepest pits of hell before, so I thought I knew. Actually, I didn't handle him well either. So a lot of it is just learning to deal with those bad people. I don't care if they respect me or not now. They won't. They don't respect anyone. I just try to do my job in the most efficient way possible, and work around them.

Sierra

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com