RE: working with other writers

Subject: RE: working with other writers
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:21:41 -0400

At 02:09 PM 06/01/2000 -0400, Bruce Byfield wrote:

...a large proportion of the tech-writers I've met would
rather be journalists or fiction writers. In their own own
minds they've settled for tech-writing, and they chafe
at the barely submerged feeling that they're failures.

Speaking only for myself, I love tech writing, but would loathe reporting or writing fiction.

Tech writing enables me to REACH people, and help them understand and use confusing software, hardware, or whatever. I love that, and take great pride in my work.

Conversely, I still cringe at the recollection of a college journalism course, in which it came as a VERY nasty surprise that students were required to write about campus sports events, etc., and that the papers we submitted would be published in the student newspaper. (I, who can barely distinguish between football and wrestling, hated every second of that.) I

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)