RE: Writing on a Cross-Department team

Subject: RE: Writing on a Cross-Department team
From: John Garison <jgarison -at- ide -dot- com>
To: "'Paul Hanson'" <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:44:05 -0400

At IDe, we develop our entire software application with cross-functional
teams. Every feature is handled by a team consisting of a writer, developer,
QA engineer, and designer. We ALL work together to define the feature,
develop the UI, determine the technical and functional specs, and then are
responsible for coding it (often with additional programmers) documenting
it, getting it tested and approved, and into the pipeline to make a release.

It has been VERY effective in getting products done quickly and well - our
cycle times are about 2 months on average for releases with upwards of 15
features

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager