Tech Writer Justification

Subject: Tech Writer Justification
From: "Brenda Duncanson" <Brenda_Duncanson -at- mtha -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:12:31 -0400

I am a Business Systems Analyst in the IT dept of our organization. We have recently had a change of top management and now I need to justify why our programmers can't and shouldn't write the documentation [we are years out of date].

I have been asked to write a justification for hiring a tech writer to document our systems - we are in dire need but have to convince the higher ups of this need.

I feel frustrated and too close to the situation and am asking for some objective explanations.

Any brilliant suggestions? Any solid reasons as to why we cannot go another minute with out having our systems documented? Our IT department reports to Finance and our CFO is a very demanding task master. It is he I need to sell the idea to.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Brenda Duncanson
Business Systems Analyst
MTHA
416-969-6127
Brenda_Duncanson -at- MTHA -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca