Inserting FreeHand drawing into Word

Subject: Inserting FreeHand drawing into Word
From: Alison Tartt <akt -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 06:40:12 -0500

Can anyone explain why I can't view a Freehand 3.0 drawing (with a .ps
extension) when I try to insert it in a Word 97 doc using the Insert
Picture>From File command? The handles on the graphic are there, but Word
includes a message indicating that the file was not saved with a preview.
However, the illustrator (on a Mac) assures me that she has saved it with a
preview.

I've checked my MS Office components, and all graphics filters (including
Encapsulated PostScript) are installed on my system (Windows NT 4.0). When
I e-mail my Word document to the illustrator, she simply opens my doc,
inserts the graphic, and e-mails it back to me. Then I can view it very
clearly. How can we solve this problem and eliminate the e-mail hassle?

Thanks,
Alison Tartt