RE: them engineers

Subject: RE: them engineers
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:15:30 +0100

Jane Carnall wrote in response to Martin smith's response to Chuck Martin's
reaction to Catherine's post.

><snip> I decided that rather than be a bored programmer (and probably a
second-rate one) >I'd be an enthusiastic technical writer (and aim to be a
first-rate one).

Edwin Skau responded:
So a second-rate programmer can be a first-rate writer eh? Do you blame the
engineers for sharing your opinion?

I believe that no one can be first-rate when in a job that bores them. I
hope the programmers I work with share *that* opinion.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.