Japanese Translation Costs

Subject: Japanese Translation Costs
From: melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:35:44 -0500

Howdy,

I checked the archives without luck.

We are looking into the cost of translating our datasheets
to Japanese. I had someone tell me yesterday that it would
cost $200-300 per page. Is this realistic?

Those of you who have worked with Asian language translators,
are translators cheaper in the U.S. or in the country of origin
(whatever country that may be)?

Thanks,

--Melonie

Melonie (Lonie) McMichael
Tech Doc Coordinator
AMD-CPD
mailto:melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com